The philosophy of the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club is:
• To promote the history of African American veterans
• To be a positive role model for youth in our community
• To support our veterans by visiting local veterans, their families, and supporting our fallen heroes
• To support charitable organizations in our community
• To uphold the traditions and standards of the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club
• To promote motorcycle safety in our community
The National Association of Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club (NABSTMC) is comprised of five (5) Frontiers (Northeast, Southeast, Great Lakes, Central, and Western), which encompasses 35 states with an international chapter located in Germany. The NABSTMC has over 120 chapters organizational wide.
The Jacksonville Chapter of the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers & Troopers Motorcycle Club (NABSTMC) will award three (3) Scholarships totaling $1,500 to qualified and deserving applicants. The Chapter will forward the most qualified applicant to the NABSTMC SE Frontier to compete against other Chapter winners in the SE Frontier. There will be a total of $10,500.00 awarded per frontier; and a single National Scholarship of $5,000. The NABSTMC will award a grand total of $57,500.00 in scholarships for the 2021- 2022 school year,
The NABSTMC will mail funds, on behalf of the student, upon verification of enrollment to a post-secondary/vocational or trade school where the student will be attending. Scholarships will be awarded based on a completed application packet.
Each frontier winner will participate in an interview process and be vetted by the National Scholarship Committee to determine the National Scholarship Winner.
Instructions for candidates:
The following are required to complete your application:
• Applicant must be an eligible Graduating High School Senior/GED recipient during the 2021 Fall / 2022 Summer school year who will be attending post-secondary or vocational/trade school in 2022.
• Official High School Transcript, Home School Transcript or GED Test Score (No GED Certificate)
• A 500-word essay on the topics described below
• Letter of recommendation on official letter head from a teacher/guidance counselor/school administrator, and/or employer (for GED).
• Letter of recommendation on letterhead from a community service organization
• A letter of acceptance to an institution of higher learning
• Signed Release Form (enclosed)
• Parent’s signature if student is under 18 years old
• Prepare a letter of introduction, who you are, your accomplishments to date, family background, and the degree/certificate to which you are seeking. Provide a summary on how you plan to use the scholarship, if selected. Also incorporate, how this scholarship will benefit you in giving back to your community.
• Recent professional head shot photo (In Good Taste)
• Provide Student’s name, the complete name and address of the school and/or financial aid office where the student will be attending school and student ID number.
Write a 500-word essay (typewritten) on one of the following topics:
**Do not write about the Buffalo Soldiers and Troopers Motorcycle Club**
A. What impact did the Buffalo Soldiers make in war and/or peacetime? Why is it necessary to pass this legacy on to future generations?
B. Provide specific examples of how the Buffalo Soldiers facilitated the development of roadways, national parks, and mail service.
C. The Congressional Medal of Honor is presented to the recipient by the President of the United States in the name of Congress. Please provide a brief narrative regarding a Buffalo Soldier that received this honor and what can be learned from his life, efforts, and commitment to duty.
Applications may be downloaded from www.bsmcjaxfl.com. Under the tab scholarship, you will find the application and the email address to return the completed application. Completed applications and required documents must be scanned and emailed to the respective email address, Bayoubelle@bsmcjaxfl.com by March 18, 2022. Subject line is your full name and State. All transcripts must be sealed and sent to
Attn: George “Sloe Ryder” Henderson
PO Box 620896
Charlotte NC 28262
Incomplete packets will be eliminated.